Wednesday, February 10, 2010

We all float down here!

Torture, gore and death are the three elements that are required in order to produce a high-quality bloodcurdling scary movie. My whole life I have enjoyed watching horror movies, although I will admit that I am terrified of zombies!!!! My name is Jackie and I am a student at the University of St. Francis. In my blogs I will give my opinion as well as little known facts on various scary movies, both new and old.
A true horror lover will enjoy the next movie that I have decided to talk about, which is none other than Stephen King’s “IT”. The movie is set in the quiet town of Derry, Maine where seven friends named Bill, Eddie, Mike, Bev, Stan, Richie, and Ben (the Lucky Seven) have been experiencing, seeing, and hearing strange things. Their fears are only worsened when they discover that a creature referred to as ‘It’ is terrorizing them in their childhood. The worst comes when Bill’s brother George falls prey to this deadly creature, losing his life.

The peculiar thing is that the adults seem to ignore the occurrences and act like ‘It’ does not exist. This could be because this creature only goes after children. After watching him murder one of their bullies and sending another to a mental institution, the Lucky Seven do not hear anything about the clown again and continue on with their lives, trying to make them as normal as possible.
30 years later, one lone member of the group stays in his quiet little town. Mike Hanlon begins to notice that children seem to be disappearing in the same fashion that they did when he was growing up. He gets the Lucky Seven back together in order to finally try and rid the town of the child eating creature clown later referred to as Pennywise. But he knows that they are coming for him, so he also fights back and uses their fears to terrorize them like he did when they were children, but this time around he does succeed in killing some of them. The movie ends in a final battle between who is left of the Luck Seven and Pennywise.

Honestly, as a child this move did creep me out. My bus stop was actually by a sewage thing like in the picture. I used to get a hair-raising feeling that the clown was going to try and pop his head through the hole and try and kill me!!!

The only thing I disliked about this movie would be the ending. I liked the fact that this creature was a clown; very scary looking with razor sharp teeth, but how he really looked in the end was just ridiculous. He was a giant, goofy looking spider! How does he go from being a sinister clown tearing children up with his razor sharp teeth to being an enormous spider? It just did not really make sense to me.Otherwise, I did enjoy this movie for both its creativity and how much it stuck in my mind when I was growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment